[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: heater on toroid

Short story in front of this one don't read it if you don't want to.
At our groups high voltage meeting we had been taping them for
some reason(Can't say it was scientific record because they come out
as comedies( has anyone elses attached a ground line to a plastic godzillas
 mouth and then turned on the coil to show him "attacking")) but at the end
of our first session  the idea was put forth to put in some credits so we
wrote
down our names on a piece of paper and then set itt in a jacobs ladder and
recorded it bursting into flames. Not to let the trend die we decided to try
get the credits to burn on the TC the second time around. Of course they
didn't start from the tc(lots of little holes in the paper but no fire) so
we set
them on fire and then taped. what you see is flames at first. as they die
down
you start to see the sparks but they do follow the path of the flame. It was
pretty cool.

So what I was getting at is that you don't need a working electronic device
,that could
be destroyed or explode, to heat the air. And anyway everyone knows that
fire is cool.