[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tuning TCs

In a message dated 3/20/2000 12:23:00 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  Original Poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>
>
>  > The mention of a fluorescent tube started me thinking, how about
enclosing
>  > the tube in a light-tight PVC pipe with a photocell, and metering the
>  > photocell as a quantitative measure of coil output?
>  >
>  > Gary Lau
>  > Waltham, MA USA

I like this idea, but one thing comes to mind:  It seems that if you operate
a TC with no spark discharge, don't you get a more powerful radio
transmission and wouldn't that light the bulb brighter than if a discharge
was being emanated from the topload?
Any thoughts?
Mike