[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Possible Record

In a message dated 3/20/00 5:29:37 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi Nick,
>
>          From the description and judging from the 7.5 foot extra coil, I
> would
>  say the arc shown in the pickture is 40 feet max.  From what I have heard,
> the
>  building at Wendover was not big enough to contain a 105 foot arc??
>
>  However, Richard Quick is an authority...
>
>  Cheers,
>
>          Terry

I seem to remember that the Golka sparks were no more than 40 feet
or so.  They were definitely not anywhere around 100 feet long.  The
coil did not use a toroid or topload, so this held back the spark length.
The coil acheived it's spark length by brute force so to speak.  It was
rather inefficient.

Cheers,
John Freau