[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Paralleling Transformers

Hello everyone,
I am new to coiling an am in the planning stages for my next coil.(My first one
was pretty crappy)
 Anyway, I was wondering if I would be able to parellel a 10kv/23ma OBIT with a
9kv/30ma NST. I know that this isn't the most ideal power supply, but it's
pretty much all I have to work with. In a much previous post it was mentioned
that using diodes could help to limit the "fighting" between transformers and
make it more efficient. Would this work and are there any other advantages to
making a DC powered coil. What else must be changed if DC is used in the tank
circut other than AC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Thuss