[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variac Rumble & Cut Out Question

Sounds like the brush is not making good contact.  The brush is probable worn
down and has reached the end if its stroke.   Remove the knob and case.  Loosen
the set screw on the side of the rotor and slide the rotor down about a 1/32"
or 1/16" and tighten the set screw.  The brush is spring loaded and it will put
pressure on it.  Now it should work fine unless the bruss is complete worn down
and it has no adjustment left.

Gary Weaver