[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitors, coils, xformers, oh my....

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Bill Noble" <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
>
> I can get you wire and stuff surplus, the question is, will shipping from
> Calif be prohibitive?  I can also get some HV neon sign wire surplus, as
> well as variacs and that kind of stuff
>
> The other thing I have is a bunch of bags of 0.22 microfarad 1250 V
> capacitors Panasonic ECQ-E series - you can make a MMC with these - I get
> $20 per hundred - the dielectric is polyester which as I understand it is
> not the best for tesla, but for a starter set they should be ok - and they
> are quite a bit cheaper than the wonderful kind - so let me know if those
> are of interest to you.  While not cheaper than beer bottles, they are
> probably a whole lot more effective.

I use a polyester MMC for one of my coil in the past  I really over design it
I use .016mf 1200VDC  8 strips of 25 caps ,that make a 5.12nf cap I use it whit
an OBIT  10000V  .023 A  15" multiple streamer  .The person for who I built it
never run it for more then 10 minute at a time but he run it for a year now
whit out a problem and he run it whit a ASRG at 335 break/s and I thing it is
particularly hard on cap and transfo.

Luc Benard