[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Ultraviolet light from brush discharge.

Greets,

Every little bit helps Viggy.  I would not look at your spark
gap with out a pair of welding goggles.  I got a pair at Roberts
Oxygen for $12.  They are UV5 rated for cutting metal not welding.
They actually are the best pair of sunglasses I have ever owned.
They completely wrap around ones eye sockets, thus no UV creep
from around the sides.  Very comfortable fitting.  However
when you put then or any UV sunglasses, you don't get to
see much of the Tesla coil operating.

I am considering hanging a piece of PlexiGlass from my garage
ceiling between me and the TC.  Has anybody else tried this?
I heard a rumor that plain glass or plexi will stop some
portion of the damaging UV while still letting you watch the
TC in amazement.

> Viggy
>

> > > Date:          Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:32:14 -0700
> > > To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > > Subject:       Re: Ultraviolet light from brush discharge.
> > > From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> >
> > > Original Poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux-at-jpl.nasa.gov>
> > >
> > > When it feels like you've got sand in your eyes.. you've over
> done it..

> > paper and a
> > > few
> > was not real