[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Dramatic Performance Drop After 5 Seconds?

Hi Adam & All,

This sounds like it could be it, the performance before this happens
is at a peak I have never seen out of it.  Thanks to the MMC (Terry) and
WinTesla (?? need to send my $20 in) I was able to determine I needed
less primary capacitance and more primary coil which I spliced in, and
the nice mini toroid (John).  Not to mention all the answers from all
on this list.  I will start working on turning my static gap into a
air blasted gap and let everyone know how it goes.  This might be a
really good way to get the O3 and other toxins out of the garage
during operation as well.

>     2. Caps warm up and change the tank frequency, detuning the coil. If
>        your MMC gets warm in a few seconds, it's not designed
>        properly.  I suspect this is not the case, but it's worth
>        feeling the temperature after a run to rule this out.

This is a good sign.  The caps are not warm at all after this
happens.

> Either of these can happen very quickly, or very slowly, depending on the
> degree of severity of the problem.
>
> -Adam
> adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net

Many Thanks,