[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

> Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>

> Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >Reactor design? Alright...now's where one of you
> >Mathemagictians get to do your thing.
>
> Greg Leyh is a great fan of 3 phase DC coils. I believe he is
> one of the leading experts on TC charging reactor design. He
> also has great knowledge on big coils (as does Bill Wysock
> and the rest of the high power gang), esp. when it comes
> to DC charging problems (diodes, etc). You may wish to
> contact him. He should be on this List. Greg, would you
> care to comment?

An interesting project, but not much to comment on so far.

The charging circuitry would come much later in the design
process, once the primary circuit parameters and the prime
power source have been defined.  It seems unusual that the
rotary gap would be designed in such detail at this point,
when the primary circuit parameters are not known, even to
an order of magnitude, it would seem.

Overall, it appears that improved sequencing of the design
steps could greatly benefit the project at this point.
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org