[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: EMI Filter Hookup? -- Internal House Wiring Popping AndCrackling

In a message dated 3/10/00 11:45:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<<
 My thoughts on this...

 It would seem to me that if the filter case is connected as above to the RF
 ground that it would be possible to actually feed RF from the coil base
 back into the house mains supply. The RF ground at the coil base is pretty
 "lively" as far as RF goes and having the RFI filter case connected to this
 "lively" ground doesn't seem right to me.

 Thoughts?
 Jon Rosenstiel

I use a separate 60 hz ground (two copper rods) for my line filters.  All the
60 hz grounds are connected there, variac cases, etc.  The RF ground is
separate.  I do not connect anything to my house ground.  If you don't have a
separate 60 hz ground, I would definitly connect the line filter grounds to
the house mains ground.

Ed Sonderman