[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge impedance - more

In a message dated 3/13/00 1:01:45 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:
>  snip
> I notice that when I turn off the RF while the discharge is running, it
>  makes a nice pop sound.  This may be an indication that pulsing the
>  discharge will indeed have neat effects.  I need to wire up a LMC555 timer
>  and find the control connector pinouts still, but pulsing the coil should
>  be a lot of fun.

Hi Terry,

This pop sounds like the beginning of the continuous popping sound
I get in my staccato pulsed coils.  At certain pulse rates, the sound
can get quite loud and interesting, and to me is one of the most
interesting aspects of a staccato VTTC.

Cheers,
John Freau