[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge impedance questions.

Whoa! Time out!

I think we are talking Apples and Oranges here! "wimpy brush discharge" to
7" brush discharge, now that does not compare to 4 foot sparks! What is the
potential (V) difference? The production of Ozone is probably greater at
higher voltages (Observed on my part), but I have found from easy tests
that NOx (Actually tests for acid's) are VERY prevalent in CW discharges.
Perhaps someone with a Chemistry background could discuss the process of
this reaction? Think about the "plasma", what is really happening to that
air (~21%O, 78%N2, etc). Perhaps (I believe)  NOx's and O3 are present in
different concentrations and ratios with CW vs Spark? Anyone with expertise
care to comment? This IS a safety issue (hey, I was one of those safety
NAZI''s at one time, at least in the Nuke plants)!

Anyone know how to install Linux (red hat 6.1) on a HP Netserver LM with
EISA RAID? (off list of course!)... New Profession...

TTYL,

David Trimmell