[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge impedance questions.

<<
>I will look into this more.  My disruptive coils produce far far greater
> and overwhelming gasses without ventilation.  John has said his coils
> produce lots of ozone but a later post (Ralph's) seems to suggest that some
> coils do not???

Terry, Ralph, all,

I'm not really sure exactly how much ozone the tube coils produce,
but it gets bad in a small room.  Often I run my small tube TC (19"
sparks) in a small room, so this may be giving me the impression
that it is worse than it really is in reality.  Someone mentioned that
steady filtered DC operation produces much less ozone, and this is
certainly possible, I never paid attention during my DC tests.

Regarding the
appearance of the spark, I've seen the same appearance as Terry's
coil whenever I run a VTTC from a filtered DC power supply, yes, it
sounds very much like a propane torch, and the look is like a solid
blue plasma flame.  For a given power input, the sparks are much
shorter on filtered DC.  My VTTC that gives 19" sparks on raw AC,
gives about 7" sparks on filtered DC and draws more power if I
remember correctly.

Cheers,
John Freau