[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MOT - PSU

Hi fellow MOT coilers,

For my new VTTC unfortunately I havn't found a
suitable plate xformer yet. Therefore I'm
thinking of using a couple of MOTs instead. My
YU-204 tube is intended for pulse use and will
require more than 2.5 kVdc I can get out of the
1.8 kVrms MOTs used in this part of the world.
Consequently I'll have to stack the MOTs.
As one end of the secondary winding is connected
to the core, the insulations between
primary/core and secondary/core are poor and
it's not possible to connect the secondary
windings in series simply.
In order not to overstress the insulation at all
I'm planning on using the following wiring:
(please use an equidistant font)

                                    |-E 3.6kV OUT
                          |--C- |   |
                          |     \ | \
                          |     / | / HV
                          |     \ | \
                          |     / | /
   2 trannies             |     \ | \
   in parallel            |     | | |
	L----     ----A----x-x---------x-x--D 1.8kV
        |   |         | | |     |   |
        / | /         / | /     |   |
        \ | \ HV  HV  \ | \     |   R
        / | /         / | /     |   |
        \ | \         \ | \     |   |
        | | |         |   |--B--x---|
  N---- | | |         |
          | |         |
          | |         |
          x-x---------x--------------- GND

         GND

The high value resistor R should define a
certain potential for B and C in order not to
leave it to the undefined insulation resistances
of the xformers.

Of course this setup is intended for half wave
service.

Will this circuit meet the requirements? I'd
like to ask the experts for their advice.

Regards

Herwig