[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

>Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>
>

>Drop the stainless steel skin idea.  Stainless is a very heavy metal.
>Think
>aluminum here, or perhaps a nice hollow copper globe like Greg L. used.

hmmmmm.... the costs of a 10M copper sphere would be staggering....and it
would turn green.

Possibly a tubeular globe perhaps

>Great care must be employed in the design.  A 200 kVA short would explode
>like a 155 mm Howitzer shell hitting the ground -- or worse.

That's why we need a team effort here. I would REALLY like to enlist the
help of the great Guru Bill who has much experiance in these monstors.

Also, after getting a TON of emails on how our FP-coded site didn't like
Netscrape, we COMPLETELY recoded the site. The addy is www.geekgroup-dot-org and
it has through details on the Avalon project to date. It is updated daily,
all are welcome to lend a hand, or even join the Group.

Have fun!

Chris "The great dreamer" Boden