[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Discharge impedance of a CW Tesla coil

Hi Bill,

	They are used in the RF plasma industry in IC manufacture plasma etching
and sputtering.  The company I work for makes such supplies and I was able
to piece one together out of scrap and junk parts.  It is very patched
together but it seems to be holding together.  I was very surprised at how
well it works for this.  More info at:

http://www.advanced-energy-dot-com/frameset.asp?dir=product_info

Mine is 900 watt OEM version of the PDX 1400.  We make others to 8kW but
this is a very high volume type so junk parts were easier to find.  They
are basically good tough well protected lab type supplies and I thought it
would have a good chance of working.  I am also pretty familiar with it so
I was able to fix the bad boards and such.

Sometimes you see them used on the plasma supply market but they are pretty
pricey since they are very application specific and fairly highly engineered.

Cheers,

	Terry