[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Avalon

On Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:50:08 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Alright. Let's start with design.
> 8 Gap type? I like the Electrum gap best as far as design, I am
> thnking of
> something similar. 10 Gap series rotary?

I would think that a new sort of  rotary would have to be created. One
with long parallel electrodes, perhaps 18" long 1" dia rods of tungsten
tapped to attche to the rotor frame, several disks of G-10 in the
interior. This idea could be extended to huge sizes, to handle most power
levels.

Just a thought.

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

> I would like to have the maximum amount of flexibility in operation
> of the
> coil. Variable tuning, single shot modes, variable spark gap
> speed...etc. I
> would like to have an ASync spark gap that we can lock on with a
> tach or
> computer control to be sync. This isn;t just for pretty, I would
> like it to
> be a research tool to better the state of the art in Tesla Coil
> design.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.