[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: So Maybe MOTs Don't Rule

Gregory R. Hunter wrote:

> I used the flat, wire-wound type which is wound on an aluminum
strip with a hole punched thru each end--great for easy
breadboarding but lousy for HV RF.  Transients simply arced to the
strip, bypassed the resistor body, and arced back onto the other
end of the resistor.

>  So I modified the resistors by removing the metal strip and
suspended them from stiff wire leads.

Gregory,

I'vd faced exactly the same problem. In order to overcome it, I've
removed 1/2" of the metal strip inside of the resistors. This left a
little bit of the heat sinking capability of the resistors.

Regards

Herwig