[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neet Toys......

----- Original Message -----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 6:50 PM
Subject: Neet Toys......

> Original Poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> Last night while "Dumpster Diving" we came across an old forklift sitting
at
> the bottom of a dumpster.
>
> Oh Joy :)
>
> We scrounged a tom of parts off it, from the yellow strobe on top (soon to
> be on Geek-3) to some MASSIVE 100A relays. We also got a few things we
> cannot identify, that might be good for HV/HA work.
>
> Here are the part numbers...
>
> GE 205A5981 P13 813 (and a little pic of a diode)
>
> GE 205A5981 P12 813 (same diode pic)
>
> GE 205A5981 P1 813 (and a pic with a diode and a bent line...SCR?)
>
> GE 205A5981 P15 813 (Same weird pic)
>
> General Electric EV-1(tm)
> cat. 1C4482CTRA70(a big scratch)BE308X0
> This appears to be a BIG relay :)
>
> Alright guys..the relay we think is 100A with a 36V coil, the other things
> are weird. They look like big diodes, and the other 2 look like dodes with
> an extra wire.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Have fun:)
>
> Chris Boden
> The Geek Group
> www.geekgroup-dot-org

Hi,
 I'm an electric lift truck mechanic, so I can help identify these parts.
The GE EV-1 is a very popular old electric vehicle control system. The
parts you are calling diodes, are just that. They are the #3 and #4 recs in
the EV-1 system. The other two similar items with white and red leads are
SCRs, the #2 and #5 recs. The next item (1C4482CTRA70) is not a relay, it is
also an SCR, the #1 rec. This is the high current SCR that pulses the
current to regulate the speed of the DC motors. As far as I know, none of
these parts are suitable for High voltage use. They are made for low
voltage, high current. If you saved the whole panel, there should be a big
black plastic reactor (choke) that may be usefull. The contactors can be
usefull, but they most likely have 36 or 48 volt coils.

Later,
 Jon