[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Neon unpotting dilemma (high power factor)

I would guess that your diagnosis - the PFC cap shorting out for some
reason, is dead-on.  The proof will be when you power it up, minus the bad
cap.

Too bad they don't insulate these things better to support running at the
rated (open-circuit) secondary voltage.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA