[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ballast Transformers.

Chris.

A ballast is a small step-up transformer.  But, the power-handling is very
low.  I think on a standard 4' light ballast, the voltage is only a couple kV.
The current is also quite low (a 4' flourescent bulb is rated ~50W).  I was
told that a ballast also modifies the frequency, or rectifies it, but I have
seen slow-motion pictures that show the lights flickering at about 60Hz.....

Mark