[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Secondary static shocks (Was: NSTs...DEADLY)

>Original Poster: "boris petkovic" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>

><snip>
>
> > > I'm not trying to play down your shocks, Chris,
> > but I just have to
> > > believe (based on my own painful experience), that
> > you were getting some
> > > sort of low current static shocks....
> > >
> > > Comments?
> > >

>Hello Chris,
>These eletrostatic shocks are not low current ones at
>all!
>For instance,Human body charged up to 20 KV potential
>can produce peak currents of amplitude>40 A  while
>discharging to a metal grounded object.
>Another thing is energy associated with  such short
>lasting pulse.Energy is rather small-therefore just
>unpleasance without serious consequences to health.
>I think I can dig out schematic from somewhere for
>such case which explains current waveform of the
>phenomenon.
>
>Regards,
>Boris

I've been bit dozens of times now from carrying the secondary. I figure that
after all the burns, shocks, inhalation hazards, EMF, skin absorbtion of
chemicals, falls, lacerations, and WAY too much time in front of this
computer, I'll be lucky to see 30. :)

Is there any creative way to "Safety" the secondary while carrying it?
Conductive shoes perhaps? hmmmmmmm

Chris "RESEARCH causes cancer in laboratory rats!" Boden