[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variac controlled inductive ballast - WARNING

> Original Poster: "Gavin Hubbard" <ghub005-at-xtra.co.nz>

Hi Gavin,

Yes, this is exactly how variacs die. I personally have not totally killed a
variac but I did pay attention to some post a year or two back regarding
variacs vs. welders. Ed Wingate was good enough to share some experiences he
had with variacs. This is exactly why I've have been stressing in some of the
ballasting posts to "not" push the ballast variac. If didn't pay attention to
those posts back then, I'm sure I would have at least one dead variac right
now. Thanks for this post.

Bart