[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: NST's ARE ALL DEADLY !!!!!!!!

In a message dated 3/5/00 8:41:44 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Could the hot side of the AC have connected up with the ground through the
 primary winding and somehow snuck around your switch?  If you pulled the
 plug on the NST there is no way AC could get to it.  But if it was just a
 single pole switch on the neutral, there may have been a sneak path.  Could
 you tell if the shock was a sustained AC shock or something more like a cap
 discharging?  A defect in the NST may have allowed something to
 capacitively charge up too. >>

Hi All,
    I don't remember if i did unplug the NSTs during this shock, but i
probably did. I remember that day i was grounded to my ground rod because i
was trying to parallel a 15/60 and 15/30 together (of course this was my
first time so i was scared of it as it is.) After the paralleling was done, i
setup the jacobs ladder. I still don't know why it happeend, but i'm glad to
say i haven't been shocked again since that day!
Surviving shocks in Southern California
-Alan