[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV rectifier tubes, capacitors, other stuffFS

Hi Ralph, all,

> Original Poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com

 << I have four 860s - these are 10KV 1 amp rectifiers - I don't need
>them for  anything, perhaps someone messing with DC tesla coils
>could use them - I am  told they are virtually indestructible.   $35
>for all 4, plus shipping >>

> Whoa there,
> The 860 is a 4-pin power tetrode with plate and grid cap.
> Do you mean 866?

IF they are 866s, donīt forget to mention these are MERCURY
vapor rectifiers. Not something you want to "pop" ;o)). It could
be a problem to dispose of them properly, although they ARE
very robust. Also, donīt forget they need at least a 2-3 minute
warm up period, otherwise their characteristics go down the
drain and they wonīt like this mistreatment for long.

They DO look absolutely (I have one) cool, when they are
running.  They emit an eerie blue glow, which is typical for
all mercury filled rectifiers.

Coiler greets from Germany,
Reinhard