[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re[2]: NST's ARE ALL DEADLY !!!!!!!!

I wonder how to judge how "bad" these shocks are?  Are they static electric
shocks like we get on a cold winters day?  Are they powerful static
electric shocks like we get on insulated objects around Tesla coils ;-)
Are they 120 VAC line shocks?  Are are they big shocks as when one
discharges the primary cap with ones hand...

Different people interpret shocks to different degrees.  I get static
shocks all the time around TC equipments and I don't even think about it.
If I get bit by 120 VAC, after determining that I am still alive, I hardly
give it a second thought either...

It is difficult to tell what is going on here because we are not sure what
kind of shock and how sever it was.  Static charges build up on insulator
around the area of Tesla coils as a mater of course.  A person near a coil
can also get a substantial charge such that if they touch something
grounded they get a good jolt.  But that is a powerful static electric shock.

When "I" worry about shocks around TCs, I worry about 120 VAC, 15kVAC, and
the primary tank cap charge.  I disregard all the little static electric
shocks in between.  However, I wonder if these static shocks are the issue
here...

I have been "zapped" probably thousands of times so I don't worry about it.
 But others are no doubt far more alert to "any" shocks.

Cheers,

	Terry