[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: calculating bps for sync rsg

Jon,

Your motor isn't a synchronous motor.  You have to modify the armature of the
motor by grinding 4 flats into it.  Use a mill if one is available.... took
me 20
mionutes, including cleanup and mending my pinched finger :-(    This
modification
will turn the 1725 into a 1800, if you live in a 60Hz area.

The formula is then:  RPM/60 * #contacts == 1800/60 * 4 == 120.  You'll have a
120BPS gap.

For information on how to calculate the flat lengths, check out:
http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/syncmot.zip

(Thanks Terry!)

Mark