[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Corona Dope -- Questions

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "William Parn" <parn-at-fgm-dot-com>
>
> Greetings All,
>
> I just noticed www.mouser-dot-com has a product called 'Final-L-Kote AR'.
> It states, 'provides insulation against high voltage arcing
> and corona shorts'.
>
> Has anybody tried this stuff?
>
> Is it worthwhile?
>
> Are there other similar products?
>
> Is it a good idea to spray the back side of a MMC board
> with this stuff?
>
> How about the top windings of a secondary?
>
> Many Thanks,
> Bill Parn

Hi Bill...

Ive used something similar   called TV Corona Dope...   red pastey
looking stuff  like really thick nail polish..   it works well on corona
discharge when you apply about 2 - 3 coats of it ..  it dries hard and
brittle  i applied a couple of coats to the top winds of my 4" coil and
it stopped the corona from forming there...

Scot D