DC coil?

Hello all,

    I am a 16 year old coiler, so far I have built a small TC using a 12/30 NST
(this won me third place in a national science fair competition this year!),
and I am working on a 6x30 coil powered by a 9/60 NST.  However, I also
stumbled upon a possible source for a portable DC coil:  A neon transformer
designed to power underbody neons on a car.  Input is 12 v DC, output is 9000v
30 mA, I'm not sure if it is AC or DC, I have to check it.  But if it is DC,
what changes would I have to make to the primary circuit?

Check out my webpage at <http://fly.to/budspage>http://fly.to/budspage

Benjamin Ness