Re: RF safety

The frequencies in most TC's are high enough that your nerves don't respond
to them as "shocks". What you get are RF burns, thermal in nature, painful
because they are deep (much like any deep electrical burn).  Imagine the
damage resulting from shoving a red hot needle into your skin....

RF burns are sort of insidious this way, because you don't get the
"startle" or jolt you get from a DC or line frequency AC shock.  You can
carry a fairly high current in a small area without really feeling much
(much as you can shove a hypodermic needle in, or slice yourself open with
a razor blade).  And, as anyone who has been sunburned can attest, the real
hurt from a burn comes later...