Re: secondary wire gauge, how much does it matter 26 vs. 35 awg

Alex,

For grins and giggles, I placed a short piece of extremely thin (exact gauge
unknown, but was probably ~40AWG) wire over the toroid of my coil and proceeded
to crank the juice.  I was running about 1350W, and got ~54" to ground
consistently with the little wire.  But, I could see the sparks turning
green up
to about 6 inches from the end of the wire, and the wire got a little orange in
color before the wire blew off in the gentle breeze (which made a very nice
banjo effect when the wind blew a little harder).

I would suspect that 35AWG is a little too thin for a 900W, 4.25" D. coil.
35AWG wire has a DC resistance of 330 ohms per 1000 feet, and you'd want to use
at least that much wire.

I don't suppose that you can return it?

Mark B.