Re: large toroids?

On that fateful day 7/27/00 7:14 PM, thus spake Tesla list:

> Original poster: CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a 6 x 24" spun toroid, and I remember that Finn Hammer had a
> possible source? Are these still available? and what kind of $$$$ are they
> going for now? Thanks a bunch!

 I have a source for 6"x24" toroids, welded or not, unpolished.  I did some
tests when I ordered the first batch and found there was no effect on spark
appearance or performance between a highly polished toroid and an unpolished
one.  It's just that the polished ones look sexier.  ;)

 I have to have a minimum order of about ten toroids to make it worth my
time and expense to have them spun, welded, and the welds ground off.  I
haven't ordered toroids in a couple of years, so I don't know what prices
will be any more.

 The last time I had them done, I believe I was able to sell them for $200,
but don't hold me to that.

 If there is sufficient interest, I will contact the different shops
involved and get current quotes.

- Bill Lemieux

this message was made possible by: Bill Lemieux, Gomez A.D.D.ams, Arkoff
Kapacitor, The Mad Scientists Club, The Denver Area Science Fiction
Association, The National Security Agency, The Defense Advanced Research
Projects Agency, the letter 'Q', and the number '7'.