Re: First VTTC light, and a few questions

Well...   ...I added a pair of 2kV .01µF ceramic caps in series to
ground, and the problem continues unabated. I'll try PP instead soon...

Grayson Dietrich
http://www.electrophile.8m-dot-com

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 08:10:47 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "David Trimmell" <davidt-at-pond-dot-net>
>
> Hi, This post by Ralph leads me to ask: you are grounding the
> filaments?
> The reason a CT Filament Transformer is nice, but you can still
> ground one
> side (I do, often). Any C (500 or so PicoF) to ground will take care
> of
> nasty RF.
>
> David Trimmell
>
> At 07:37 PM 7/20/00 , you wrote:
> >Original poster: Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com
> >
> >Grayson,
> >As the circuit starts to oscillate, as the plate current increases,
> all sorts
> >of dirty RF
> >flows into the filament circuit. I played with a pair of #10s and a
> pair of
> >45s. Both tubes are directly heated and exhibited the behavior you
> describe.
> >I have very little experience with
> >VTTCs. Bypassing the filaments to ground eliminated the problem. I
> used a TV
> >transformer with a fil CT but that should not make any difference.
> I have
> >some big
> >plate transformers that I hope to use with 4-811s or 4-836 triodes.
> The 836
> >has a large graphite plate and should make things nice and toasty.
> Sorry I
> >can't be of greater help
> >but my experience is :-((.
> >
> >Happy day,