Re: A new tuning idea?

----------
> From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: RE: A new tuning idea?
> Date: Friday, July 21, 2000 7:45 PM
>
> Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
>

> Thanks Jim for the info on calibrating the lamps. It has been several
years
> since I have made these tests. One thing I might add is that I used
several
> different size lamps depending on the size of the Tesla coil. This was
> necessary because the lamp brightness could be used only over a very
limited
> range for good results.
>
> John Couture

That's the advantage of the second technique, where you keep the current
(and brightness) of the lamp constant by substituting RF for DC current (or
vice versa)... Then, all that matters is a) how closely you can keep the
brightness constant and b) how carefully you can measure current.  In a
decent system, you can probably get better than 0.1% accuracy without
working too hard, which is a whole lot more accuracy than anyone should
expect from anything in a TC....