Re: Tesla's Oscillators and Circuit Controllers

In a message dated 7/21/2000 5:14:57 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Original poster: "Daniel Boughton" <daniel_boughton-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>  Has anyone ever tried to duplicate any of Tesla's
>  mercury interrupter and commutator based oscillators?
>
>  This seems to be a promising area of investigation. I
>  am fabricating one of his comutator based coils now
>  and I was wondering if nayone would like to share
>  info/strategies.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Dan

I haven't tried exactly what you are mentioning, but tried the type of
interrupter using a large sheet of lead and a small platinum electrode in a
sulfuric acid solution.  It worked.  I think the idea came from a reprint of
a very old book on building large inductors.  I used it to supply a ignition
coil powered TC.  I applaude your investigation of the old technology.
Perhaps you will come up with something new and wonderful while experimenting
with such devices.
Mike