Re: Haunted House Coil Use

Slow down folks... before we get ahead of ourselves here...

My thoughts below...

> (consider wording to the effect:
>  Individuals with medical conditions, implants, etc. must not enter
without
> doctor knowledge and approval)

Snip

> Individual entry is voluntary.
> Individual entry assumes full responsibility and liability for themselves
> and minor children.

Totally unnecessary scare mongering. A sign that says "High Voltage"
is all any pacemaker wearer need know.

> Additionally
> I urge you to insist anyone who has a pacemaker or medical condition (or
> just everyone)
> "sign" a well worded waiver before entry, (mandatory for anyone with a
> condition assuring they understand what "assuming full self responsibility
> and liability, means)

Totally impractical advice for a professional Haunted House.
Nobody is going to sign anything. Haunted Attraction operators are concerned
with "throughput" and a written waiver is counter to that.

> The LA & Calif Science Fairs prohibit TC firing due to insurance
liability,
> desiring not have science fair cancellation in future years.

This is a total shame. A rather gutless position taken by many
organizations.
The fact that it is the position of the LA and Calif Science Fairs speaks
volumes about the laws of man eclipsing the laws of physics.

> BTW, the 3' spark may not be the only concern.
> The E & H field may cause charge and/or induction at longer distances.
> Safe for most in good health but liability applies to the most frail and
> susceptible.

1. Inverse square of the distance, 2. Well made coils don't radiate much
E or H for that matter. A non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

Jeff Parisse
www.teslacoil-dot-com