Re: In search of a big cap

In a message dated 7/14/2000 4:05:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> sundog-at-timeship-dot-net
Hi,
   I recently discovered a gold mine of large caps(about 20 of them) that
have been stored away in the basement of a surplus electronics store here in
Denver.   The lady who runs the store told me her dad(who used to run it)
kept these separated from the other stock for coiling enthusiasts and claims
they are great for this purpose.  At the moment, I cannot personally
guarantee their usefulness for TC purposes but they certainly look to be good
for it.  I once wrote to the list with the specs to see if anyone could help
me identify them, but no one replied, so I am still not sure.  I will try to
dig them up again for you if you are interested.
    Physically, they are in rectangular cans about 8 inches by 10 inches and
about 3-4 inches thick and have large ceramic feed-through bushings for the
terminals.  I had planned to go back and bring a 15kV neon and my capacitance
meter to get the capacitance rating and at least be sure they could withstand
a NST output, but haven't had time(or motivation?) to get back there.
    If you don't find what you are looking for and would like for me to go
check them out further, let me know.
Mike