Re: secondary coil form materials

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: secondary coil form materials
> Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
>
> In a message dated 7/9/00 10:46:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:
>            . . .
> . . .  Most TC books are riddled with errors and myths.
> My coil can be seen at:
>    http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page1.html

John, I examined your page (Nice!), but you confused me.  You wrote:

--------------------------
I've done a comparison of high and low breakrates for low powered coils up
to 1500 watts or so, and it appears that the low breakrates (around 120 bps)
are best.  When running NST powered TC's, it often helps to use a
synchronous rotary spark gap running at 120 bps, although folks have also
obtained excellent results using single air blast static gap arrangements.
In any case, non-sync rotaries should not be used with NST's because it
tends to destroy them.

I don't understand.  Unless I'm seriously missing something, a "static" gap
_will_ break at 120 b/sec, at least on a 60 Hz power line.  Is the ability
to adjust the phase between the breaks and the power-line zero-crossings the
relavant issue?

                        Puzzled,

PS -- Nice toroids!  I'll remember you as a source.

--
                 <Bzzzz!> <Zap!>   Wake up and smell the ozone!   <Crackle!>
         Duke McMullan n5gax nss13429rl(fe) (505)255-4642 n5gax-at-rt66-dot-com