[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Nathan's Saga Update...

Hello, Bert, Mike, All

I already wrote another post with some progress, but I wanted to thank you
guys for the help.  I am glad to have that strike rail thing explained.  I
did seperate it, and I got 14" on the first tuning with these specs:

15kV/60mA input power
0.011 MMC
8 sections on RQ gap, spaced 0.03"
secondary 7" dia wrapped 23.5" with 20AWG
7" cord toroid, 23" in diameter, outside to outside
35.5 degree sloped primary, inner dia. 10.5", spaced .5", tuned to    11th
turn
grounded to 8' galv. ground rod and neighbor's chain link fence!!

that's the basic stuff. I did also have a safety gap each side about 3/8"
away from the grounded gap in the midddle.

I'll try some more tuning today, but if you guys know what might be
happening with transformer or whatever is up with my spark gaps stopping,
(see my other post ;-) ) I'm sure I would have more success.

Thanks, and Safe Coiling

Nathan