[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TC for Electrolysis?

Hi Mike, Mike, all,

> Original Poster: "mrand" <mrand-at-iols-dot-net>
> Yes, I was thinking of electrolysis of water to get H2
>& O2 gases.  Do you think a TC can do this?  Maybe
>with just one wire from a bipolar coil?

AFAIK, the amount of H2 and O (O2) you can *get* from
a medium (i.e: water), is directly proportional to the current
and the surface of the electrodes. However:

- Having a running source of H.F. / HV around H2 and O isnīt
  a very good idea, if you know what I mean ;o)

- How would you "connect" the rectified output of the TC to
  the electrodes? If you "connect" them with wires and clips,
  you will be effectively shorting out the coil, because at this
  voltage, your everyday water (even *normally* distilled water)
  is highly conductive. And if it wasnīt before you fire the coil,
  it will be soon after ;o). The Z-pinch accelerators use $$$$$
  equipment to keep the water ultra pure.

- The continuous current of a TC isnīt very high. The ĩS or nS
   peak pulse current is of no use in your idea.

Not really worth it in my opinion. A big DC PSU will give you
gobs of H2 & O(2) in a much safer environment.

Coiler greet from Germany,
Reinhard