[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: High Voltage Power Supply

At 06:35 PM 05/01/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>
>
>Hi Tobias, Hi Herwig,
>
>> I've started with OBITs = oil burner ignition transformers.
>
>What is even more important, is the fact that they are NOT
>rated for continious usage.  Most have a 3 minute limit.

Are you sure about that run limit time?  Here in Canada where it is
common for an oil furnace to run for 10 to 15 minutes at a go, the
transformer with a 3 minute limit would be useless.  I'm using a
pair of OBIT's on my coil and have had extended runs with no ill
effects or heating of the transformers.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca