[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re:Nate's Probs: Information

At 05:28 PM 01/05/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello Terry,
>
>>Great!  blew a neon ;-)  All great coilers blow neons when they are
>>frustrated!! ;-))
>
>Well, OK, If you say so! :)
>
>>Actually that shows that a lot IS working.
>>
>>Safety gaps should have saved the neon but if it was old it time may have
>>just come...
>
>They probably were set a bit wide.  I had just adjusted them apart after
>they had been firing way too much.

Of course, the safety gaps were firing "trying" to warn you that the
voltage was getting too high!!!  Setting the gaps to a much higher voltage
still, was not the right "fix" for the problem...  An example to use all
;-)))

Your neon died in helping to "educate" all those out in TCML land that
safety gap are very important!!  Since we have "really" been emphasizing
safety gaps, neon deaths have gone way down!  Just setting the gaps further
apart is not the solution and will only result in "bad" things happening...

Thanks to Nathan for providing the list with a great experience for all new
coilers to learn from!!  I have especially enjoyed it all and it brings
back many found memories from when "I" was there....

Cheers,

	Terry