[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ALLELECTRONICS CAP MKP-33

RE ALLELECTRONICS 0.33uF 2kV cat MKP-33

The copied  EMAIL is ASC response for spec data on this cap.
NOTE it is NOT polyprop but polyester with very low dv/dt and is not
suited to TESLA use
See http://www.ascapacitor-dot-com/page14.htm for spec

The THD42 is a proprietary design for one of our other customers.
Allelectronics is not a franchised distributor of ours, so I'm not sure
how
or why they would have any of these units.  Regardless, because of it's
proprietary nature, we are not at liberty to discuss design,
constructional,
and performance details.

However, the THD42 is very similar to our standard X675 unit, and would
meet
or exceed the published data on the X675.  The X675 0.33uF, 2kV unit is
rated for 34V/us dv/dt, 11.2 A pk, and 2 A rms.

Please note that both the THD42 and X675 are polyester parts, instead of

polypropylene as you indicated.  If you need polypropylene, we have our
standard X375 line, which is similar in size and performance as the
X675.
If you require a part with more stringent requirements, please let me
know.

Vern Neal
Applications Engineer
Tel: (308) 284-3611 x337