[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV connectors needed!

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 03.01.2000 15:25:30

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: HV connectors needed!

>Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com

>Hi Marco,
>              why do you need an HV connector?  (to connect HV, duh :-) Most
>of the time you can get away with using 4mm bannana plugs and having an
>earthed metal cover to flip over them once you've done the connecting.

>Regards
>Nick Field

How's that!?

I have a SMPS housed in a 19" rack. I have four units (5 kV each) to connect in
series, then to connect to a measuring board (on the rack) and then to
bring the
resulting 20 kV to my TC (primary + capacitor). As all the boards are in boxed
frames, with panels, I have to get through the panel with a socket + plug
connection.

I can't go through the DIN connectors in the rear as they won't stand suck high
voltages.

Was your idea good for flying connections (no panel)? Please, specify.

Regards