[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Wire Guage and Q?

>snippp->
Terry, and all who replied,

My max output so far is about 8".  That was running with 15/30 input and
both of my appx. 5nf caps in parallel. The inner turn of my primary is about
10.5" and the outer is at 23.5".  Slope is 35.5 degrees. 5" tall. I wanted
2" clearance between the innermost turn of the primary and the bottom of the
secondary.  Havn't got any D'Arsonval breakdown yet!

Also, I was a bit curious about the coupling.  I am not sure about how to
calculate the K coefficient.  I used the equation in The Tesla Coil Book,
and kept getting wierd numbers like 19.6...  I checked my work a lot too.

I seem to get the best output when the bottom of the primary is slightly
above the bottom of the secondary, which I don't like.  I am pretty sure my
new rotary is synchronous, and I will hopefully try it out tonight.

Unfortunately, I can't see really any point where the bolts on the rotor are
"repeated" when i look at it spinning under a flouorescent light.  It is
very obvious when I turn it off and it slows down past the other multiples
of 60.  It is 1800 RPM (at least I hope it is). Does the strobe effect work
better on a 3600RPM motor because it turns 60 times per second instead of
30?

Thanks,

Nathan