[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Web Site

Hi Bert,

> Original Poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
> My daughter was kind enough to generate a website for me as a
>Christmas present! It's still heavily in construction, and will be
>evolving over the next few months as I learn Netscape Composer
>and HTML... :^). The site covers both Tesla Coils and Quarter
>Shrinking. Check it out at:
> www.teslamania-dot-com

See, I told you, you NEED a website ;o)). A big thanks to you
and your daughter for putting it online. The url got a place in my
favorites folder right away. My favorite kind of site (the BIG stuff
that goes BOOM) Great site, a true must-see. The idea with the
Q&A forum is a neat addition. Trying to beat the competition
(Terry and Chip: beware ;o}} ), huh??

But what I esp. loved, was the coin that got a blast with 21000J.
Jeepers, that must have been a really BIG bang, when the thing
fired. I donīt think a million amps flowing through that coin would
be too high of an estimate. What would happen to the coin if you
increased the wire gauge to something that wouldnīt disintegrate
(like using solid 3/8 copper)? Of course, the pulse caps wouldnīt
like it (because of the recirculating current, which isnīt the case,
when you use a thin wire), but what would happen to the coin?

(You might want to reply off list, because this isnīt on topic)

Thanks for the show and Iīll be watching it closely,

Coiler greets into the new Millenium (see: no A-bombs, power
shortages, end of the world, etc ;ö) Or was that just because
no one fired their big coil ;o(?),

Reinhard