[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

John Freau, spun toriod?

John,
 I've gathered from reading several posts that you make spun alluminum
toroids. How can I get one? Possibly a 4" by 13" . I'm affraid they are a
bit too expensive for my budget, but maybe I could stretch it. I'm also
curios as to how they are made. I assume they are hollow, two peices welded
together, and smoothed. Is there anywhere else these can be purchased?

Thanks,
Jon

p.s. so far, my best sparks are from an aluminum disc (computer hard drive
disc) about an inch above the primary. My 4" Al duct toroid doesnt work
nearly as well.