[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NST Protection and Filters

I am a bit confused on the recent thread of MOVs.  Do I have it correctly
that they are a substitute for safety gaps on an NST?

If I have that right can tell me how to correctly set up a protection
circuit using an MOV for a 15KV/60 NST?.  And maybe a supplier who sells
them (part number would be great)?

While I am on the subject of protection, can someone tell me how to
properly filter for EMI?  Do you hook up a filter to the power lines
leading to the RSG motor?  How are filters rated, in amps?  watts?  How
do I properly match a filter to my coil?  Sources and part numbers?

Thanks,
Ron West