[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: MMC Caps

Hi Reinhard,

  I have a 12 inch X 51 inch polished alu topload, (it's the one you can
see in the second light pics), Which
 The coil won't have anything to do with! - will continually arc up and
down the secondary. I am having a
third top load made which is half way between the one I'm doing now and
the one mentioned above - I
believe it will sufficiently load the secondary without preventing
spontaneous breakout.

I am going to decrease coupling by one inch tomorrow.

In the past there hasn't seemed to be any relationship as I didn't get
any secondary racing arcs

Secondary was sanded, coated with non water based polyurethane for 3
coats, sanded between coats,
Then wound, coated twice a day for 10 days straight, (35+deg C for each
day).

Thanks for the compliment about the website - I am going to post more
pics soon, including my dissection of
my first secondary, the internal arcing left very obvious tracking
inside the form. We live and learn!!

Best Regards,

Robin in OZ.