[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First Pole Pig TC in Germany??

on 2/22/2000 3:12 AM, Tesla List at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original Poster: "Reinhard Walter Buchner" <rw.buchner-at-verbund-dot-net>
>
> Pigs just donīt fly low
> enough to get ;o)) at, which is why I treasure my open
> framed NSTs, which can deliver a hunk of current. I plan
> on running 4 in parallel for my 6kVA setup, which they
> should easily deliver.

They sure look pretty mean! American NSTs are pretty fragile in Tesla
service, and things are getting worse.  The new epoxy-filled transformers
are nearly impossible to repair, and the higher-voltage 60mA units are
getting harder to find for free.  Personally, I would prefer to have large,
durable open-frame units that I could pot myself.

> Similar goes for my asking AEG for a pulse cap. 100nF
> -at-30kVac would have set me back a small fortune (~
> $2500, GASP!!), which is another reason, why I am
> glad, that I discovered MMC caps ;oo)). In Germany,
> we have a saying "Not macht erfinderisch", which simply
> means: "Canīt find what you are looking for? Go and
> build it!!"

In my home we've had a similar saying: "MacGyver it!". Of course the phrase
"Necessity is the mother of invention" would be the more traditional
translation to English. You've certainly proven these idioms true with the
whole MMC thing, Reinhard! What a change to coiling in 1999.

Gut geMacGyverht!

-Adam
adamsmith-at-mediaone-dot-net